Friday, October 8, 2010

Week 23/24 Update

How Far Am I: 23 Weeks, 4 days...Monday marks 6 months down!

Baby's Name/Sex: It's a boy! Levi Mateo Molinuevo should be coming to meet us sometime in January.

How Much Weight Have I Gained: Net: - 3. From 20-24 weeks I have basically gained 1 pound. Not to shabby so far :) Near the end, you gain it so much fatter. I mean faster...heheh.

Baby Movement: This little guy definitely takes after his brother Micah. I have never once gotten to feel the gentle, graceful, wave like movements. It's always been jabs or pokes or jumps or hiccups from the beginning! Jose laughs when my belly is perfectly still, and then jerks like a hamster under a blanket. World, be prepared for another child who is 110% boy...

Feeling Pregnant:  I am finally moving out of that stage where you don't look pregnant, you just look fat. I have a shirt that says "We're hungry," and I actually felt comfortable wearing it and looking pregnant, instead of looking like an overweight schizophrenic wearing one of those third-person shirts. I love that it's getting awkward to shave my legs, and that at work no one wants me to move a patient. Come on, it's not like he is going to pop out, right?!

What Micah Thinks of the Baby:  "Levi and me are going to be bestest brothers." "Mom, can we save my toys for Levi?" "Does Levi love me yet?" He wants to know about Levi ALL DAY LONG, which is actually a huge relief for me. I know at this age some children can become extremely jealous, and he has been the total opposite! Funny of the week, as we are leaving to go to West Palm Beach:

"MOM!!! Did you pack Levi?"
"Yes, he is already in my belly and set to go."
"Is he safe and warm?"
"Yes"
"Okay, lets go already!"

Baby Prep So Far:  I have all my old bottles washed and sterilized, and got my breast pump out and made sure it was in working order. Yeah, I am old school and like to do things natural.So shoot me :)  I think God did a great job inventing a way for us to give our babies the best possible nutrition, and I am so excited to do it again! I want to nurse longer this time. Last time I got cut short- but that's what going back to school with an 8 week old infant will do to you. Starting to get cloth diapering stuff figured out, and we got Micah's old cloths out to see what we need. The next 2 weeks are going to involve laying down new flooring in our house, and once that is done, moving around furniture and making Levi's room livable!

Plus Sized and Pregnant: I am very proud to say that I went to my endocrinologist this week and she is pleased with my progress. My weight gain has been fine (they were concerned that I wasn't gaining enough in the beginning from so much vomiting, but that's typical for me). My blood sugar has been fine- I think I am more paranoid about me becoming a diabetic that my doctor is . My thyroid is stable. And I feel fantastic! I swear, I look great on paper. I am just a svelte hot mom in a little extra padding for safe keeping :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jay. I love the name Levi; and it goes so well with Micah. I am so happy for you. You are in my prayers! Love, Candace

    ReplyDelete