Wednesday, January 12, 2011

37 Weeks Down, about 19 days to go...

Sorry for all you squirmies! This update has some body changes that are a little "nurse-y". If you can't handle it, don't read it :)

How Far Am I: 37 weeks, 2 days today. Only 19 days out from my "due" date. Micah was 5 days early, and I think I am going to be a little early rather than a little late just from the way my body is changing. Don't want to get my hopes up though!

Baby's Gender: 100% Boy

How Much Weight Have I Gained: I have actually went backwards the last week or so. I had put on those few pounds because of holding on to a lot of fluid. I decided to go on leave a little earlier than expected because of my blood pressure and a couple of other things, and because of not being on my feet as much and the stress, I lost that weight. As of yesterday, I am officially 7 pounds heavier than before I got pregnant. Assuming I will lose about 15-20 pounds the first couple of days from baby/fluids/etc., I will actually be thinner after the baby than before I got pregnant. Works for me!

Baby Movement: He is becoming much more cramped. No more grandiose movements. Now, it's just squirmy, can't-get-comfy movements, which makes me have squirmy, can't-get-comfy movements. He is pretty darn low- I told Jose yesterday that I feel like he is either going to crawl out or I am going to pee everywhere. Let's hope for the crawl out situation :)

Body Changes:  SO many! Last week, I was 50% effaced, a fingertip dilated, and -2 station. Basically, that meant my cervix was halfway ready, opening a little, and Levi's head is at the top of the canal and on it's way to engaging. She didn't check me yesterday, but when she pushed on his rump and asked if I had pelvic pressure, the answer was written all over my face. She said if I don't deliver by next week that she will check me again then. I am also starting to make colostrum. I don't have the full on waddle-walk yet, but I am definitely getting there.

Sleep Habits: Jose and I have slept horribly the last week, but strangely not because of the baby. We are both sick- head cold, coughing all night, snot every where...I am praying that we get better before I deliver because I don't want a sick baby!

Labor Cues: I have been having contractions off and on. Usually they start at night- go figure. The other night, it went on for about an hour and a half of 7 minutes apart, strong, and about 30 seconds or longer. I was so excited, and then they quit! I told my midwife that I have been taking the evening primrose oil, and she said to keep that up, and then also told me to start taking red raspberry leaf tea. This promotes uterine tone- it can bring on contractions if your cervix is ready, and can intensify them if you are already contracting but it's not really going any where. I do NOT want to be induced- I made that perfectly clear when they asked if I wanted it, but I am totally open to trying herbal remedies. I will not be one of those women that gets desperate and takes Castor oil. The whole idea of having massive diarrhea to go into labor makes me sick. Why would you want to make something that is already uncomfortable even WORSE?! That, and if you don't have the diarrhea during labor, you run the risk of pushing the baby out and shooting the person catching the baby with way more than they bargained for. NOT my idea of fun. 

What Micah Thinks of the Baby:  He is getting ready! I am going to get him a "big brother" shirt, because he wants to wear one to church and tell everyone when Levi comes. I think we are going to get him a little "big brother" present from Levi to give him at the hospital, so he doesn't feel left out with all the new baby stuff.

Baby Prep So Far: Down to the wire! Cloth diapers are all prepped, our room is moved all around to accommodate a little extra furniture and our big rocker, and we are ordering the last of our needed baby supplies this week hopefully. Our insurance changed, so we are trying to see what needs ordered now and what can wait a little, because we are being hit with a $900 deductible that we were not expecting, and it has to be paid before the insurance company will pick up their 75% of the hospital bill. Yuck :(

Plus Sized and Pregnant: Realllllly feeling like a heifer right now. It is nice to see my belly moving all around, and seeing how my body is preparing for our little one, but I know this time is rapidly coming to an end. I was able to paint my toenails last week (took me almost half an hour) and I shaved my legs, but it's getting ridiculous to tie my Nike's or pick stuff up off the floor. I am definitely feeling more ready. Not miserable and "wanting this baby out," but ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment