Sunday, August 5, 2012

30 Week Update

Look at that bladder! No wonder I have to go all the time!
How Far Am I: As of today, 30 weeks, 5 days. Three quarters of the way done!
Baby's Gender: Again, looks like another niƱo on the horizon, but we would be stoked if there was a surprise that we weren't expecting.
How Much Weight Have I Gained: +12 at last count I think. I am a little unnerved about this- it's my first pregnancy where I haven't lost 15+lbs throwing up, and slowly gained it back. Needless to say, at this point in the pregnancy I am carrying more weight .
Cravings: Water. I am noticing that running around after two little ones and keeping the house somewhat under control means that I forget to drink half the day...then when it's after their bedtime, and I notice my feet are a little swollen and I haven't peed in 4 hours, I remember to drink. The bad thing about this is that then I am up all night going to the bathroom.
Baby Movement: This baby is either going to be a VERY relaxed baby, or is a girl. Micah and Levi had nunchucks in the womb, and I was constantly sucking in my breath because out of nowhere, I would get a jab in the ribs that H. U. R. T. With this pregnancy, I am feeling lots of movement, just in a much more subdued way.
Body Changes: Nothing major lately. A little itchy on the belly so I am lotioning up. Braxton Hicks every once in a while, usually induced by nursing. My only other complaint is from me not drinking enough, or if I eat something that is too salty- I notice a little swelling in my hands/feet. But so far, if that happens, I drink a bunch and put my feet up for a little bit or lay on my side. I am avoiding heartburn pretty well by paying attention to what and when I eat. Jose and I have started a prenatal pilates video that kicks our butts, and I am really praying that it helps with my concentration, breathing, endurance, and flexibility.  
Sleep Habits: Sleep becomes a little more interesting at this time. I am exhausted by the end of the day, so I am sleeping pretty well, just having to get up probably twice to use the bathroom. The interesting part is coming from these bizarre pregnancy dreams. 
What Micah (5) /Levi (18 mos) Think of the Baby: Levi pats my belly and says "bebe," but I doubt he really connects that there is going to be a baby around at this point. He is a little perturbed that mommy's milk is "ah gone" for now, but I think he will pick back up with the new baby. Micah helped us settle on a name for the baby, and is getting excited. He is also realizing that he is the "biggest big brother" now, and that holds a lot of responsibility. 
Baby Prep So Far: I made about 60+ more cloth baby wipes this week, and Jose and I went through our room and are getting rid of TONS of clothing, junk, etc that we have been hanging on to. It's pretty much happening to the whole house- I just can't take the "stuff" we have held on to being around the house forever, so we are purging a lot and donating or having a garage sale with lots of it. I don't know if that's considered baby prep, but it sure is the beginning of nesting. On the list for the next few weeks is deep cleaning bathrooms, floors, getting rid of Jose and I's bedroom set, getting our room situated for a home birth, and generally making sure we have what we need for the next baby. There's not a lot we need, just a few things, but it's hard when you're on a tight budget, so we are trying to just pick up a few little things here and there on sale, or make what ever we can.
Birth Prep: More reading, positive thinking, relaxation exercises, pilates, and healthy eating. We are getting ready to purchase our home birth supply kit in the next few weeks, and get the house ready with every thing on hand for our birth. It's starting to become real!
Name Ideas: We have settled on a name for a boy, and have picked out a girl name as a back up just in case we have any surprises. Jose has a feeling that a few members of his family won't like the name (they are weird about some things), so he has said that we are not officially announcing the name until the baby is here, because he doesn't want to deal with hearing all of their opinions for the next 2-3 months. If you really want to know, I could probably sneak it to you, but out of respect for his wishes... mums the word :)
Plus Sized, Nursing, and Pregnant: Some days I end up exhausted. Others, discouraged that I couldn't manage to get it all done. But I am starting to realize that I am 7 months pregnant with a 5 and 1 1/2 year old. At the end of the day, if my kids are fed, clean, have teeth brushed, and are tucked into their beds, I just have to call it success and ignore the floors that need vacuumed...the pile of dishes...the grass that needs mowed...and on and on. If I continue to dwell on every little thing that I as one person can not accomplish, it will eat me alive. Instead, I am focusing on the small victories. And if that means making the dishes wait until morning while I hit the sack half an hour early, than so be it. With just over 2 months to go in my pregnancy, nursing, and being a stay at home mom to two rowdy munchkins already, I just have to pace my self.

No comments:

Post a Comment