Monday, November 8, 2010

28 Week Update- We made it to the 3rd Trimester!

How Far Am I: Starting the 3rd trimester today! 28 weeks down, roughly 10-14 to go depending on when God decides our bun is done baking.

Baby's Gender:
Totally boy. So excited to have a rowdy house :)

How Much Weight Have I Gained:
0 POUNDS! I am finally back to pre-pregnancy weight! I lost a bunch in the beginning from so much vomiting, and it took me until last week to break even. So from now on it's going to be gaining time.

Baby Movement:
Our little Levi Mateo is constantly moving, it seems. He is a very active baby- which means he will probably be a very active boy, just like his older brother. At night it takes a good hour of me laying down and being still before he will be still and I can sleep, sometimes longer. And it's not the graceful kind of movement either. It's the jabby, "let-me-outta-here" kind. Sorry, Levi, you have to stay in there!

Body Changes:
I have horrible, non-elastic skin, so last pregnancy, I got a million stretch marks even though I only gained about 15 pounds. They started around my belly button, then my breasts, then hips, and then by my bikini line. And you would think that since none of my skin really unstretched back, there would be plenty of room for my belly to expand. In theory, this is all good and well, but in real life, my belly is itching like crazy, and I know this is the precursor to having my belly look like a watermelon again with big ol' stripes on it. I am rubbing on the lotion like crazy, especially after the shower. It's amazing how your body changes being pregnant. I never lost my belly button last time, and I don't think I will this time either. That's a skinny mom thing :) My hands have been swelling a little, but nothing like last time. My legs are another story- especially if I work. I have to put them up at night. And I know if I have overdone it, because my normally cute toes expand to little vienna sausages that have no space in between them. I am going to start wearing support stockings on days that I work to keep the swelling down. It should prevent getting so many spider veins too.

Sleep Habits: Lately, with Jose starting night shift, it's hard to sleep by my self in a big lonely bed. I get in bed around 10:30-11, and my belly stops doing the disco around midnight. Usually I have to wake up at least twice to empty my bladder (Levi seems to think it's a stool to sit on in there) and then I can sleep until about 7ish, depending on when Micah gets up or Jose gets off. So I am averaging about 6 hours a night when all is said and done. I think the last trimester, God slowly starts shaving off the time you sleep at night to prepare you for being up with a little one every few hours.

Labor Cues: Braxton-Hicks have started becoming a little more frequent. Not every day, but when I am at work running my butt off, or moving stuff around in the house, I get them. Usually 2 or 3 in a row, and then they settle down. Last Tuesday and Wednesday I completely overdid it, and had them off and on all night.

What Micah Thinks of the Baby:
So far he is taking things really well, but I can tell there is a little jealousy starting to pop up. We have been trying to do things around the house for him and keep in included. Like setting up his bunk beds before putting the crib up. Or having a Mommy-Micah date. And talking about going to Disney after the baby is born, so he and Daddy can ride the big boy rides together. Almost every night, he kisses my belly good night. Lately, he is wanting to put his hands up my shirt and "snuggle Levi", which is fine at home, but at the football field this weekend, not so much :)

Baby Prep So Far:  We finally got all the junk cleaned out of the baby's room, and got things set up after a trip to IKEA that unloaded our bank account. We now have a crib set up, the changing table in the room, a dresser, and a few other little things. I went through all Micah's baby clothes (thank God I kept some), washed the 0-3 month ones, and got them into the dresser. We also got our diaper sprayers set up in the bathroom. They are kind of like the sprayer attachment on your sink to spray dishes with-- except they attach to the toilet. Itcan be used to spray diaper waste into the toilet, instead of having to swirl them around and get your hands dirty, or worse, have that end up in your washing machine. What we need to do so far is buy our cloth diapers, get our baby toiletries, breast feeding supplies, and a few other big items that we gave away, like a stroller, play pen, etc. Little by little! I feel like we are finally becoming a little more prepared, and the earlier it's done, the earlier I can relax and  move on to other house projects, like putting in floors!

Plus Sized and Pregnant:
People are so funny when it comes to what I look like pregnant. I have gotten everything under the sun...
"You're pregnant?! I thought you just put on a little weight, how far are you?!"
"When are you going to start showing? Are you sure you are eating enough?"
"Are you sure there is just one in there? Because you look huge already!"

I know that my body is changing, and has changed from last pregnancy, but I am proud to say that 4 years later, I am wearing the same maternity jeans as I did with Micah. And I know I will probably get more stretch marks, but it's an awesome price to pay for being a mom. Besides, I know after I deliver and start breast feeding, the weight will fly off and I will be back to normal quick. Maybe better than normal...

No comments:

Post a Comment