Tuesday, November 16, 2010

29 Week Doctor Visits/Updates

How Far Am I: 29 weeks, 1 day. Approximately 11 weeks to go, hopefully a little less rather than a little more. I told Jose that any day after 37 weeks (Jan 10th), we are game to start trying every home remedy there is. I will be drinking my black cohosh tea, taking my evening primrose oil, and rearranging all the furniture. As well as some other home remedies that are a little more fun for Jose :)

Baby's Gender: All the equipment is there...it's a boy

How Much Weight Have I Gained:
2 pounds since my last visit, which is right on target. That brings my total weight gain for the pregnancy to2 pounds. I am on track to gain about 10-15 pounds total.

Baby Movement:
Kicking away! Right now he is head down, and has stayed that way for 2 weeks. I had a horrible dream where he stayed head down until the last minute, and then flipped breech, and I had to have a C-section, ruining all my plans of natural birth. Praying that does not happen!

Body Changes:
Itchy, itchy skin! I am rubbing on the lotion like crazy. I should write a section about emotional changes. I haven't really been a bear this pregnancy, but the last week I have been insanely emotional about everything. I am on a roller coaster! As far as the doctor appointments go, I saw the endocrinologist on Monday in Lake Worth (the doc for my thyroid and my hypocalcemia). She said everything is going well so far with my thyroid. My calcium has been  a little low, but is getting better. My albumin was also low, which is a protein in your blood. This can usually be a little low during pregnancy, especially with low calcium levels. I have to increase my protein intake, which is hard because I have had such an aversion to eating it lately. As far as my OGTT/gestational diabetes screening, I PASSED WITH FLYING COLORS!!! I was so excited to hear that today. Praise God! My legs have been fairly swollen, but I am trying to keep them up. I wore heeled boots this week for about 6 hours, and totally regretted it. I won't be doing that again any time soon! 

Sleep Habits: Practically none, but that is more because of Jose working night shift than because of the baby in my belly. It's so hard to sleep in an empty bed! I tried to put Micah in with me earlier this week when Jose was working, but I ended up being "snuggled", or kicked, all night :)


Labor Cues: None so far other than Braxton Hicks...let's keep it that way.

What Micah Thinks of the Baby: This week, every time he gets in trouble, it's immediate crying, and "I won't be a big brother now!" A little bit of an emotional week for him. Jose and I have been trying to have a fun outing once a week or so and squeeze in family time before Levi gets here to make sure he knows that we haven't forgotten about him. I can tell he is starting to regress a little bit and be curious about baby things. He wants to know what Levi will eat, and how he will eat, and if he can drink mommy's milk like the baby. He wants to know if he can sleep in the crib. I have caught him going through the baby toys from when he was a baby, and playing with rattles and such. I am trying to just take it all in stride, and let him get it out. He has his moments, but I know he will make a great big brother.

Baby Prep So Far:  Nothing done since last week. I plan on buying my cloth diapering supplies on the day after Thanksgiving or Cyber Monday, because many diaper companies are having 20% off sales. With cloth being expensive, it's definitely the way to do it! I put our odds n ends baby supplies up on craigslist, hoping to get some bits so we can have a little extra to spend on the baby gear that we need. 

Plus Sized and Pregnant:
Now that I have started showing more, it's nice because I don't feel like such a cow, I feel pregnant. I am trying to relish every day, eat somewhat decently, and put my nursing knowledge aside so I quit thinking I have pre-eclampsia or some crazy pregnancy related disease. Right now, I am loving life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment