Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Week 17 Update

How Far Am I: Monday marked 17 weeks pregnant. Only 23 (roughly) to go!

How Much Weight Have I Gained: Net: - 10. (Weeks 1-15, I lost 13 pounds. I have gained back 3 of those.)

Baby Movement: Started feeling the baby move roughly 2 weeks ago. It's not consistent yet, but more noticeable when I am lying down, or right after I throw up.

Feeling Pregnant:  Starting to have the back ache I had last time. By 30 weeks I had constant sciatic pain, but so far it's not that bad. Throwing up has slowed from numerous times a day, to less than 3 times a day, a few days a week. SO much better! But any time I throw up, it definitely takes a lot out of me. I usually have to lay down for a bit after because I start cramping...let's keep this baby in there!

What Micah Thinks of the Baby:  Right now, "It's a good thing. I am happy about it. I want it to be a girl. I want to name her Lucy."

Baby Prep So Far:  Almost nothing is done and it's scaring me! We are waiting to find out on 9/13 what we are having, and then it's going to be one big trip to IKEA. I gave away most of my baby stuff to friends that needed it. One lady that Jose knew that was in an abusive relationship and trying to get out while pregnant, so we gave her our old car, and as a present put our old infant car seat into it. Thank God for my friend Tara, who as I have handed stuff off, has handed me her old stuff. I love the way it all works out!

Plus Sized and Pregnant: So far, I have one pair of jeans left that still fit-- and I am wearing the heck out of them! I am starting to wear maternity pants here and there, which scared me at first because I didn't wear them last time until close to my 6th month. So far, everyone is assuring me that you show quicker the second time around. Some things just aren't fair: Lose 13 pounds, but your jeans don't fit. Odd. 

No comments:

Post a Comment