Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Week 18 Update

How Far Am I: As of today, 18 weeks, 1 day. Two weeks til the half way mark!

How Much Weight Have I Gained: Net: - 6. So Far I am still in the green. Last time around, I gained a total of 12 pounds, and I don't want to gain a whole chunk of a lot more than that. I left the hospital last time in my regular jeans, and I plan to again :) The hard part: not throwing up any more. Pregnancy-induced bulimia makes the weight gain much more easy to manage, ha!

Baby Movement: Baby is moving as we speak. It must like mint chocolate chip icecream...

Feeling Pregnant:  Pros: This week has been rad! I am actually starting to experience the whole "second-trimester-glow" that I never go to have last time because of being so sick. I haven't thrown up in a week- and it's dangerous to say that, because usually I have to throw up right after making any kind of statement about how long it's been... Cons: None of my bras fit. Or jeans. My hunka-burnin-love does not mind the bras not fitting; however, "my cup runneth over" is not so much a positive thing right now...

What Micah Thinks of the Baby:  He is so excited! Today we were at the park, and there was a double slide, two right next to each other... "One for me, and one for my baby, Mom!" I love that he calls the baby "my baby."

Baby Prep So Far:  Again, nothing done. I have lofty goals of going to IKEA in about 10 days and getting some storage stuff for Micah's room, as well as a few baby things, but the bulk of stuff is going to have to be bought after we find out the sex.

Plus Sized and Pregnant: I found a shirt that says "WE'RE HUNGRY" on it...How fitting since I can actually eat now! Speaking of eating, I have to really watch my diet and keep walking these next few weeks, because I don't want any funny business with my blood sugar. Diabetes runs in the family, and I am a little paranoid of having pregnancy-induced diabetes, so low carbs, here we come.

No comments:

Post a Comment